I am a creative guy from Switzerland with many years of experience in software development and mechanical engineering. Ever since I was a child I loved to build devices with electrical components for fun. Since microcontrollers and 3d-printers got cheap and available for the masses, I got even more interested in hardware development.
The inspiration for new projects come from all the small things and interactions in daily life, which are not as perfect and smooth as they should be. Building devices is also a fun way to learn and understand technologies. I seek to make the projects not only functional but especially for my wife, I also try to give them beautiful and unique designs.
My core values are:
- Open-mindedness 🤝
- Equality and Diversity 🏳️🌈
- Curiosity 🚀
- Quality 💎
Dimidium facti, qui coepit, habet; sapere aude, incipe.Horace
If I earn money with my projects, I donate a part of the earnings to organizations and projects who share my values, like these:
- Helvetas — helps people in some thirty different countries to actively improve their living conditions.
- Swiss Paraplegic Centre — national and international leaders in paraplegic, spinal cord and respiratory care.
- GRA — charity against racism and antisemitism
- NSBE — (US) National Society of Black Engineers, producing diverse technical talent.
- ILGS-Europe — for equality and human rights in Europe and Central Asia.