Tag Archives: video

SMD LEDs Tests

Today I tested a number of SMD LEDs for the plant watering sensor project. I soldered all 13 LEDs I shortlisted onto a small board and connected it to an Arduino Zero Pro. So I could try the different flashing styles I planed to use more or less automatically. That way I could focus on the LED flashing itself, without being distracted by switching cables.

lucky-resistor-1

This is the board I made. Very simple but functional. I used red and blue male header to mark the anode and cathode of the LEDs. There is a sticker on the bottom with the LED numbers on it.

lucky-resistor-2

I mounted everything on a very small breadboard and did all connections to the Arduino.

Continue reading SMD LEDs Tests

Video: Soldering Boldport Project “Touchy”

I made a short video how I solder the Boldport project “Touchy”. It is a SMD project with a quite difficult to solder chip. For the first half of the assembly, I did not notice that the solder tip was no screwed tight, so the heating of the tip was not optimal.

Click the link below for the same video on YouTube in a better quality:

And here are two photos of the board:

Outmoded Sequencer Live Demo Video

Today I made a short live demo of the Outmoded Sequencer. I just added briefly some audio effects at the end of the video, so you can hear the real sound of the device. Adding effects is a really great way to turn the beep sounds in interesting music.

You can also see the connection problems sometimes happen. A short push on the steel ball solves this problem usually.

Let me know what in think in the comments. Next I will finish the second part of the guide, where I explain how everything was built.

Video: Assembling Final Outmoded Sequencer PCB

Here a short update on the progress with the final Outmoded Sequencer project. I did the whole assembly of the final PCB and connected everything. You can see part of the soldering process in the following video:

I accidentally cut a route on the bottom of the PCB, so I had to fix this with a short wire. It is not visible on the final device. The magnet matrix mentioned in a previous post is already securely fastened to the bottom and holds the steel balls in place.

There are only the final adjustments of the frequencies left to do. I have to tune each tone and add the last four missing resistors.