The circle pattern generator is a tool to generate a uniform distribution of circular shapes in a defined frame. The algorithm uses the available space to place the items in patterns to create a harmonic-looking result. With this tool, you can control the placement, shapes and colours in great detail to create the best result.
Export the final result in SVG format to further process it, or save the resulting images as a PNG or JPEG file. Also, you can save all settings in a JSON file, so you can reproduce a pattern you liked at any later time.
Download the latest version 1.4.1 for macOS and Windows.
SHA-1: 251d7f45d069c72b94c1ec61cba53f75010ac257 CirclePatternGeneratorV1_4_1.dmg 72070d646513d6f5e51c62f0679a46d39a43ab7d CirclePatternGeneratorV1_4_1.dmg.zip 2c88efdba33dcfb1e7d49d3907c9a2310dfded86 CirclePatternGeneratorV1_4_1.zip SHA-256: bb586d11e75d1e2f199c4b340f880697102c968b16129bfc4185c28760bf9991 CirclePatternGeneratorV1_4_1.dmg 0581bcf29dc3e3a77defaf950dda6ae0dac2ac9582e57cfd722fc17206738e19 CirclePatternGeneratorV1_4_1.dmg.zip 7ac1d959694cbd18ad3254ba25da8717b55d477f4cdbf40b8b0006bb5aecbf81 CirclePatternGeneratorV1_4_1.zip
How to Install the Application
- Download the ZIP file for Windows.
- Unpack its contents.
- Double-click on the file
CirclePatternGenerator.exeto start the application.
For a permanent installation, move the whole folder (not only the
exe file) to
c:\Program Files. After moving the files, right-click on
CirclePatternGenerator.exe, and select “Pin to Start” from the context menu.
- Download the ZIP file for macOS.
- Unpack the downloaded file by double-clicking it.
- Open the extracted DMG disk image by double-clicking it.
- Drag and drop
CirclePatternGenerator.appto the Application folder.
- Windows: Delete the whole program folder.
- macOS: Move the app into the trash.
- macOS 12 or newer.
- Windows 10 or newer (only 64bit)
- The calculation of large patterns requires high amounts of RAM.
Bug Reports, Feature Requests and Feedback
If you find a problem in the application, have a great idea for a new feature or like to give feedback, send me a message using the contact form on this website or any other communication channel.
Versions and Change Log
|1.4.1||Added more features and polished the user interface.|
– Generator for circular or elliptical results.
– Use various shapes implemented as symbol references in SVG.
– Extended colour settings with static and dynamic colours for the items on the canvas.
– Extended rotation settings with static and dynamic rotation.
– Control over the canvas background and frame.
– Overlapping of symbols.
– Progress can be cancelled at any time.
– Code optimization for faster generation in certain situations.
|1.2.0||Publish more functionality:|
– Optimizer to improve the generated results.
– Item colour.
|1.0.0||The initial public version of the pattern generator.|
Source Code, License, Copyright
This application uses the Qt library, available under the LGPL v3 license. You can download a copy of the Qt library here.
Copyright 2020 by Lucky Resistor.
I cannot publish this application’s source code because it contains proprietary source code and algorithms I developed and licensed under terms incompatible with open-source licenses.