As you read in my last post about the pet-feeding device project, there was an issue with the fill sensors. The lines from the 3d-print transferred the light directly to the sensor and made a useful measurement impossible.
One of the solution to this problem is a small gap between the LED and the sensor.
Here you can see the slots. These already work fine, the measurement results are looking great. The only disadvantage about the slots is the mechanical one. Crumbs will fall into this slots and it makes the turntable hard to clean.
To solve this problem, I fill the slots with black epoxy. I use a syringe to be able to use tiny amounts and fill the slots flush with the surface. You can see the process in the following video:
I use epoxy with a low viscosity with a drop of black colour: Epoxy resin L + hardener L from R&G. You see in the video, how the epoxy flows easily into all cracks and levels itself.
The result is an almost perfectly flat surface.
I hope you found this update interesting. Currently, I am testing the platform using different fill angles at the sensors. If you have any questions, missed information, or simply want to provide feedback, feel free to comment below. 😄
When I migrated several servers into a new server rack, I put my Arduino Uno based fan controller into a new enclosure. Not a great solution, but good recycling of this existing project and way ... Read More
The tall boxes set is ready for download, after successfully completing my tests. You will get carefully designed storage boxes, optimised for 3d print from the ground up. Only this weekend, from 2020-11-27 to 2020-11-29, ... Read More
I published another small command-line tool for Raspberry-Pi. This time one to read data from the Sensirion SGP30 sensor. While you can communicate over I2C with sensors using Python, I found it not as reliable ... Read More