I published a new application to create “Micro Disk” images for embedded projects with very limited resources. This format fits perfectly on SD cards and it can be read with minimal effort.
The application is available as binary for macOS and Windows. The sources are available on GitHub which can be easily compiled for Linux.
The features of the Micro Disk format are:
- File directory with ASCII file names.
- Single file list which can store any number of files.
- For each file, a name, the start block and the size in bytes is stored.
- All files are stored in sequential blocks which makes reading simple and fast.
- All files are aligned to the 512 byte blocks for a SD card.
Screenshots of the applications: